Saturday 21 December 2013

Watching paint dry...

There is possibly nothing in the world less exciting than undercoat..and yet here it is... vaguely disguised muddy brown walls under a coat of white in readiness for paint proper.

So this is how the room ended up Friday night/started out Saturday morning... and as I type I can hear the sounds of the roller being pushed across the walls and the gentle mumblings of the dear man in his painting pants* who is doing all the hard work...

I had this great plan that I would measure the dimensions of the room, including all the available wall space, taking note of  doors, windows, radiator, power sockets etc (which it seems the builders placed wherever they felt like it and possibly according to how much cable they had in their hands at the time, because there is no obvious logic behind the socket placement in this house)... and then I was going to measure the dimensions of each piece of furniture I plan to put in that room and that way I could decide where things will go and how I will build my beloved stations...

and I have discovered there is clearly both art and science to this process...which is proving to be way beyond my capabilities.... I can only get so far before the 3D aspects leave me all confuddled ... So despite all my best intentions, planning and hopes, we may still end up shuffling things round in there when the painting is done...

* painting pants are ancient pair of trackie bottoms not fit for wearing in public

No comments:

Post a Comment