Friday 20 December 2013

Old paint choices come back to haunt us...

It has been a while  since the room was last decorated and neutral tones really were the thing back then...this was called mellow mocha and with chocolate curtains ( chocolate refers to colour not materials obviously)  and cream bedding with light wood furniture it looked good and we loved it...now with the room stripped bare it looks hideous and I am left wondering whatever were we thinking?  and the man with the paintbrush (aka hubby) is cursing it because he reckons it will need three coats to cover it...

As the hard work continues I am staying out of the way...I respond to any loud crashes with a gentle enquiry as to his his physical well being but other than that I am staying out of the way...

I may go in before the final clean up to point out if he "missed a bit" but other than that I am leaving him to it. If he has any questions he will ask me.

So my role in this part of the process is minimal. I am  staying out of the way and finishing my craft projects for this year...knowing I will start next year in my new and hopefully fabulous craft room.

So as I craft away I am thinking about the processes in my projects and the things that I need to be in place to make it all easier for me... and I keep coming back to the simple idea of stations for the various tasks...with storage alongside.

Although in my current room there is lots of storage options, much of is is hard to reach and accessibility is important, especially for things I use regularly.

 I also need to be able to see things at a glance... but I do not want the place to look like Steptoe's yard and so small storage will be important...

And  while I want it to be practical and look good, I also do not want to spend a fortune on fancy storage for crafts - why would I want to do that when I could better spend money on fabulous crafting goodies? It just doesn't make sense...

So to that end I plan to get creative with re-purposing stuff. I have subscribed for some time to a craft storage blog and get some great tips via my inbox and I am starting a board on Pinterest too. Once I have that populated I will put a link here in case anyone stumbles in and is interested.

But for now I must dash... I have to beat the postal collection service because its the last posting date today for first class mail...


No comments:

Post a Comment