Sunday 12 January 2014

And on it goes...

The new craft room was painted what seems like ages ago ... and yesterday the painting of the old craft room was completed.  Amazingly it took one less coat of the same white paint to cover the red walls in here than it did to cover the blah mocha walls in the other room...we are not sure why but suspect the first lot of paint might not have been all that good because when we bought the next lot it seemed to cover so much better ...and it did a great job in here...

So two rooms down and hubby has decided it makes perfect sense to keep going and has started on our bedroom today...especially since we are at the mercy of Virgin media to re-site the broadband connection... thanks to the operative who while upgrading the TIVO, took it upon himself to splice the upstairs tv service to our broadband and cut our broadband cable so short that we can't move the modem more than few inches...

When I rang Virgin  Media I was told that while they could send someone free of charge to sort out the weird cabling the upgrade guy left behind him - we discovered that mess when we emptied this room of all its furniture and were almost strangled buy the half mile of cable that sprang up out of nowhere  - we would have to pay £99 for someone to move the broadband modem. Now this seems a little unfair to me since we had enough cable from our original installation and we want to move the modem back to the original installation point...but we can't because old sneaky cut the cable...but the girl I spoke to would not budge...so I had to make a formal complaint...and we are still awaiting the outcome of that one...

Ironically  while I had to provide my full name ,address with post code, telephone number, account number and security password before she would even speak to me, little miss helpful at the call centre did not feel comfortable giving me her name.... apparently she is concerned that customers might seek her out via social media... I guess she hasn't heard of security settings...or being helpful...

But I digress... back to the craft room...or lack thereof... I am currently reduced to working on a 75cm square table in the middle of the floor. This is not good...stuff falls off the table all the time, there is no room for mess and I plain can't find anything I need...

So the windows are clean, the wood blinds in the entire house are completely dust free, my oven is so shiny you need sunglasses to look in there, the bathrooms gleam and the cupboards are all organised...

The bedroom will be completed in a  few days and  I really hope we get a reply from Virgin Media soon...I am clearly going crazy without my craft room...

I am taking bets that hubby will fall out of bed in the morning...he has taken lots of stuff out of our room in prep for the painting tomorrow and his alarm clock is on the floor... he won't be able to hit it like he normally does...  I am betting there will be alarm sounds, then a thud followed by cussing...

Watch this space ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment