Tuesday 7 April 2015

Oh dear

More than a year has passed since I last posted here...and I am almost ashamed to say that my craft room still is not the sleek organised space it was intended to be...mainly because crafting just gets in the way of the organised part of the deal.

I say almost ashamed because during this process I have come to realise that I am never going to be one of those people who tidies up and puts everything away at the end of each crafting session, in order to start the next session with a clear desk...that is just not me and I think it is important to discover and to embrace that fact. It will certainly save a lot of anguish moving forward. I am a messy crafter and I am happy to admit it. A degree of chaos is vital  to my creative process.

That out of the way, a degree of organisation within my little bit of chaos is  equally important. In the sorting process I have discovered that I  have duplicated my supplies more than once or twice - and this I know is  wholly due to the disorganised part...

So as part of this lengthy (and super slow) transition, I am building a catalogue of  the things I have in the hope I will not  duplicate further. I am not talking about the odd slip up here...Having four packs of the same size poly bags, or seven unopened packs of adhesive, or even five  blank calender sets is no bad thing as these will all be used....along with the countless packs of cardstock that I ordered when I couldn't find the pack I knew I already had somewhere. ...but I am also finding I have three of the same set of framelits for example, two of the same border die, two of the same stamp set...and it goes on ...

I suspect that at some point I will need to have a little sale to claw back some of the money spent on doubling up on products, but for now I am busy trying to sort through everything.... and it is in the sorting that I have come to realise that I own an awful lot of gorgeous stuff and that  if I lived to be one hundred I could not possibly use everything I currently own...

So why is it so hard to get rid of things I have had for ages and never used? Answers on a postcard please ...


No comments:

Post a Comment